TIPS TO SAVE ON AUTO INSURANCE …quick, easy and fast ways to save on your auto insurance. Here are some tips to reduce your car insurance premium –
1. Look around, ask for multiple quotes from different companies and compare prices and covers.
2. A good driving record qualifies for a lower premium
3. Take the highest deductible you can afford on collision and comprehensive coverage.
4. Buy a car that attracts lower car insurance premiums. Sporty car need more insurance.
5. If your car’s value on the market today is less than $1,000 then consider carrying only liability coverage and drop the collision cover.
6. Pay your premium well in advance of due date. No grace period applies to automobile insurance. Once it lapses you need new car insurance all over again.
7. Review your policy periodically and update coverage accordingly. Ask for advice from car insurance agent or company representative.
8. If your teenager drives but doesn’t own his/her own car then name them on your policy as occasional operators of your least expensive cars. If they do not use it regularly like if they drive to school/college then they will be termed occasional drivers which qualifies for lower premiums.
9. If teenagers do own cars, cover them under your policy. This would also qualify you for a multi-car discount. It is important that you report actual driving habits to the company. If not rare users may be assigned as regular users and assigned higher premiums. Also specifically ask them to be assigned to the least expensive car else they may be automatically be put on the most expensive car and you will be paying higher premiums. If the young driver goes to school more than 100 miles away-without a car- that may qualify for a discount.
10. You may qualify for higher discounts for a good educational/academic record. Also, check if you get discounts for a driver’s education course or good academic record.
11. If you are young, single and on your own, avoid sporty, flashy, high performance cars. A turbo engine can add more than 10 percent to your premium.
12. Older people might qualify for a discount if they take a defensive-driving course that’s approved by the State Board of Education or National Safety Council.
13. Help reduce car insurance fraud to lower your premium. Report any fraudulent car insurance claims transactions to your State commissioner of Insurance.
14. Avoid Cheap Insurance scamsters and fly-by-night operators. Most of them will not honor your claims for damages and leave you high and dry when you really need their assistance.